Everyone loves a good road trip, especially in the summertime. Whether you’ve got a vacation spot in mind or you’re just enjoying the ride, it’s always important to make sure your car is properly equipped to handle the journey. At Thunderbird Automotive Specialists, we take care of your vehicle, so you can focus on enjoying your road trip. Our repair services include general repair and maintenance services, undercar services, brake services, tires, engine and transmission services and more.
5 Things to do Before Your Road Trip this Summer:
- Get repairs done: Fixing repairs that you may have been putting off is crucial before going on a trip. Even if it’s just one repair, you’ll want to make sure your car is in tip-top shape before heading out on the road. At Thunderbird Automotive Specialists, we offer inspections on all the different car systems, including: battery, engine mechanical, powertrain control, fuel, ignition, and emissions.
- Check your tires: Besides making sure your spare tire is good to go, checking the tire air pressure is also something that needs to be done before embarking on your trip. Tires that aren’t inflated well can spell out trouble for drivers, especially in terms of driving safety. Inspecting for wear issues in the tread of the tires is also beneficial when it comes to maintenance. Other undercar services we provide include alignment, anti-lock brakes, chassis, exhaust, custom exhaust, and shocks.
- Check your fluids: Getting your oil changed is always an important thing to check off the list, especially because you don’t want to go over the recommended mileage during your road trip. Oil is just one of the fluids that is critical in making sure your car is doing well. Other fluids to check include antifreeze, windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid and transmission fluid.
- Check your hose, belt, and battery: Older hoses are more susceptible to cracking or leaking, so you should check to see if you need to get a replacement. It’s not a good idea to head out on a road trip with a damaged or worn belt, so checking to make sure everything looks okay first is important. You also want to ensure that you don’t go out on your trip with a corroded or dying car battery. It’s always best to see if it needs to be changed and get it done before the trip.
- Check your brakes: There are many different parts involved with the braking system for your car. All must be working properly in order for the system to run smoothly, or else an accident could result. Checking that your brakes are in working condition and getting repairs for any parts that are damaged or worn means you get to have peace of mind. In addition to brake pad and shoe replacement, we offer resurface rotors, caliper replacement, brake hoses, brake fluid flushes, and anti-lock brake system.
At Thunderbird Automotive Specialists, we offer outstanding customer service combined with high-quality repair services at competitive rates, so you can get back on the road as quickly as possible. Check our website to see all of our services.